Revision and Editing Workshop
Thanks for signing up for Daniel David Wallace's Revision and Editing Workshop. I've created this page just as my main hub for posting handouts. I'm not making everything available at once because there's some work I want you to do first, but check back here throughout the day (or weekend) to find it updated with additional handouts and resources.
First is this one: "The Memory Hole" by Michael Chabon
- My margin notes on The Memory Hole (tracing the idea flow)
- My slides from the presentation
- My Cinderella "Inside Outline"
And finally: My response video to your questions and comments, embedded below. A lot of people called for another example, so I put together a quick one on The Great Gatsby.
Some articles on my site relevant to some of what I discussed this weekend:
- Beats Disambiguation
- Big-Picture Editing
- Writing the back-cover synopsis
- Writing the scene list
- My conversations with Ann Garvin (From Pitch to Manuscript)
Thanks again for attending my session. If you're not already a subscriber, consider signing up below.