Join us Saturday, November 2nd for a day dedicated to your writing
What will we cover?
- Scene delineation (What is a scene; how can we distinguish one from the next?)
- Scene drive (What key elements propel a scene for the reader?)
- Scene structure (What are the structural components and how do they manifest?)
- Scene effect (What does a scene need to accomplish?)
- Pacing (How, when, and where can you stretch a scene or speed it up?)
- Emotional resonance (How can you move the reader emotionally within a scene?)
When will this happen?
We'll meet on November 2nd, from 10:00am to 4:00pm (central time).
Morning session: 10:00am to 12:00pm
Writing on your own: 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Afternoon session: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
How will it happen?
We'll convene on video chat via Zoom. I'll record the sessions and you'll have access afterwards to re-watch them. Stay home or take some headphones to a coffee shop or library.
The retreat is only $80. Once you've paid the registration fee by clicking on the PayPal or credit card links below, I'll send a confirmation email and a few exemplar scenes for you to read before our meeting. If you have any questions, email me at email@example.com